Borealis is Europe’s second largest producer of plastics, headquartered in Vienna, Austria. Their company Borealis AB in Stenungsund, Sweden, is upgrading its processing plant during the period 2017-2024 divided into 5 different subprojects.
NLI Elektrosystemer as completed part 1 of the upgrade in 2017.
After a 1-year tender phase, it is now clear that NLI has won the contract for parts 3 and 4. The project is led by Rejlers who holds an EPCM contract with Borealis. The total contract value for NLI is in the order of 50 to 60 MNOK.
The work on part 3 will start in March and be completed in November 2021. Part 4 will take place in 2022-2023.
Initially, planning work will take place from NLI’s office at Vear.
– We are proud and pleased to have succeeded with our strategy of establishing ourselves more permanently in Stenungsund, says Olav Bolseth, Managing Director in NLI Elektrosystemer. This means that we now have a position for further growth in this region.
The scope of work is known and includes:
• Delivery, installation and termination of cables
• Delivery and installation of cable trays
• Distribution boards
• Marshall cabinets and I/Os
• Delivery and installation of field instrumentation, tubing and junction boxes
• Lighting – loop test of all instrument installations
• Test, pre commissioning and MC
At a peak the project will employ up to 25 workers on site at the same time.
Contact: Olav Bolseth, Managing Director NLI Elektrosystemer AS