NLI Subsea Engineering seeks Project Engineer Structures
NLI Subsea Engineering is a provider of subsea engineering services for small and medium-sized subsea structures and modules. We develop our own products as well as perform engineering tasks and services for our customers. NLI manufactures its own subsea equipment, and our engineers are involved in the full cycle of the manufacturing process. We execute projects from concept to completion.
- Responsible for engineering and design of Flowline System Structures (PLET, PLEM, In-Line Tee, Riser Bases, etc…)
- Responsible for preparing Design Specifications, BOM, FAT procedures and test
- Responsible for a defined set of products and all interfaces to these
- Responsible for defining test equipment
- Responsible to know codes and rules applicable for the product areas
- Responsible for preparing and performing Design Reviews of drawings, reports and user documentation
- Responsible for defining required test equipment (QT, EFAT, FAT)
- Authority to instruct and follow up Senior Design Engineers and/or Design Engineers
- Works as directed by Lead Engineer or others defined by your manager
- Follows NLI’s procedures, policies and practices in accordance with the Business Processes
- Cooperate with team of (senior)designers and (senior)project engineers
- Supervise new employees and contractors
- Provide input to resource demand
- Together with the Lead Engineer maximise the use of standard products, and standard components / sub-assemblies in projects.
- Work with fabricators to identify HSE and fabrication friendly and optimal designs
- Propose changes to existing products based on project experience (Quality improvement ideas, or technical queries from fabricators)
- Propose new standards
- Provide input to engineering planning, report deviations from plan and propose corrective actions accordingly.
- Perform and co-ordinate the design, internally and with other departments where required
- Create specifications, procedures, reports and provides input to user documentation
- Plan and perform Design Reviews on products, and update as required during the project.
- Propose improvements to products and processes
- Identify potential VORs and prepare input to VORs.
- Receive input to and perform assessment of updates to design documentation based on technical queries from fabricators.
- Prepare lists of test equipment required to perform FAT, EFAT, SIT and thermal tests
- Review procedures and user documentation
- Ensure that drawings reflect the functionality as required by Project and requirements found in regulations, codes and standards
- Ensure product suitability based on input from analyses performed
- Ensure progress and technical content by holding regular technical meetings with design group and subcontractors performing analyses. Minutes of meetings or action lists should be used.
- Attends FAT as required to ensure clear understanding of FAT procedures
- Receive Quality Notifications, evaluate, distributes tasks, follow up closing of tasks.
- Provide input to tender write ups
- Continuously evaluates processes in engineering and suggest improvements in line with NLI´s goal of: Quality – Punctuality – Flexibility
MANDATORY SW-APPLICATIONS TO BE MANAGED:
- Solid Works and/or Pro-E experience in an advantage for viewing models and drawings
- PDM System used in NLI
- Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Windows
RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of mechanical design, testing and fabrication
- 3-5 years experience as project engineer and/or designer with Flowline System Structures
- Skilled in hand calculations and/or simplified calculations of strength
- 3-5 years experience from project execution
- 3-5 years experience in preparing reports and documentation
- Bachelor competence in engineering or equivalent
We offer challenging assignments, competitive conditions, and a very pleasant working environment.
Questions about this position can be directed to Brant Hovland, tel. +47 932 50 032; or e-mail: email@example.com
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Project Engineer Subsea Structures ” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!