NLI Subsea Engineering seeks Project Manager
NLI Subsea Engineering is a provider of subsea engineering services for small and medium-sized subsea structures and modules. We develop our own products as well as perform engineering tasks and services for our customers. NLI manufactures its own subsea equipment, and our engineers are involved in the full cycle of the manufacturing process. We execute projects from concept to completion.
The Project Manager has the overall responsibility for project execution and co-ordination, and he/she is authorized to act on behalf of NLI Subsea Engineering in all matters pertaining to the Contract (within authority limits)
- Manage and control project execution in accordance with agreed scope of work, budgets, schedules and quality requirements
- Focus on HSE management and activities
- Establish attainable project goals and objectives
- Ensure that a proper Quality Assurance system is established and implemented
- Plan and execute the project according to NLI’s project execution methodology and requirements.
- Responsibility for the follow-up of intercompany services including quality, reporting, changes, cost and deliveries
- Authority to initiate, direct and complete all work required according to the contract within timeline and budget.
- Management and supervision of the overall project scope of work (ensure that the interfaces between Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing are properly managed)
- Establish and implement relevant project management plans and procedures
- Implement and maintain proper project schedules and activity plans for the overall Contract scope of work (EPC project schedule)
- Establish and maintain a functional and properly resourced project organization (organization chart, MPP and project team alignment covering Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication)
- Ensure implementation of functional project systems and working methods (document control, engineering systems, planning, etc.)
- Perform and undertake project co-ordination meetings (regular Engineering, Procurement and Production status meetings, ad-hoc co-ordination meetings and Client meetings)
- Prepare monthly reports, manage and administer the Contract elements towards the Client
- Define Contract scope with respect to cost/budget, results and forecast cost to complete
- Following up, and reporting upon actual cost towards forecast to complete on all areas of the scope of the work
- Profit/result responsibility for the overall Contract scope
- Approve and recommend supplier/subcontractor Purchase Orders (PO’s), Variation Orders (VOR/VO), invoices and operating expenses in accordance with NLI authority levels/limits
- Report monthly to NLI SE management through project reviews
- Prepare monthly project report
- Delivery, hand-over and close-out of project
Continuously evaluates processes in project management and suggests improvements in line with NLI´s goal of: Quality – Punctuality – Flexibility
MANDATORY SW-APPLICATIONS TO BE MANAGED:
- PDM System used in NLI (when released)
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook
RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate education (MSc) and formal competence within Engineering, Technology/Science and/or Business
- Ability to work independently, and in a structured and systematic manner
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience, conversant with Engineering, Procurement and Manufacturing systems, practices and processes
- Supervision and leadership capability, team player, co-operation skills and good understanding of Engineering and Project Management principles
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English both orally and in writing
- Preferably experience with delivery to oil and gas industry
We offer challenging assignments, competitive conditions, and a very pleasant working environment.
Questions about this position can be directed to Brant Hovland, tel. +47 932 50 032; or e-mail: email@example.com
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Project Manager” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!