NLI Subsea Engineering seeks Lead Engineer Subsea Structures
NLI Subsea Engineering is a provider of subsea engineering services for small and medium-sized subsea structures and modules. We develop our own products as well as perform engineering tasks and services for our customers. NLI manufactures its own subsea equipment, and our engineers are involved in the full cycle of the manufacturing process. We execute projects from concept to completion.
- Responsible for a limited number of product areas; Flowline System Structures (PLET, PLEM, In-Line Tee, Riser Bases, etc.)
- Responsible for technical management of relevant products, defined by Contract Scope of Work, project BOM, Project Schedules and Budgets.
- Responsible for budget related to engineering performance of the above.
- Responsible for guidance and support of Projects Engineers.
- Responsible to know codes and rules applicable for the product areas.
- Responsible for preparing and updating SIT and FAT procedures.
- Authority to define standard products to be used in tenders and projects.
- Authority to initiate, direct and complete technical management and engineering work in the project related to products supplied from the product department, and to overall system performance.
- Perform the work proactively, in accordance with NLI procedures, and to achiev product quality, functions and design life as specified or implied by Contract documents and specifications.
- Establish and review technical design basis data.
- Perform and participate in project mobilisation activities, as defined by project management.
- Ensure that system engineering documentation is established, reviewed and accepted by Customer during the project mobilisation phase, and update as required during the project.
- Responsible for engineering planning, in co-operation with project planning and supply planning to ensure optimum execution of project activities, adherence to Project -and Engineering Plan for dedicated tasks, follow up of engineering status, performance, report deviations and propose corrective actions.
- Prepare input on engineering/design manpower requirements for resource planning, and co-ordinate with product department
- Maximize the use of standard products, and ensure that any new products, which are not specified as a standard product, are approved by the respective product group before being offered or implemented
- Co-operation with Project Manager to assure that the necessary engineering documentation is available in time for further supplies.
- Identify and be responsible for, together with the Engineering/Project Manager, all internal and external interfaces within the project.
- Responsible for planning and execution of Design Reviews in accordance with NLI Procedures.
- Identify and give input to VORs, engineering status reports as required.
- Prepare or provide input to specifications for FAT, EFAT/Stack-up and System Tests, and assist in or conduct execution of the tests.
- Support the Customer during installation and commissioning when required.
- Perform and participate in project close-out activities, such as inventory, cost figures, experience transfer, etc.
- Responsible for technical execution and performance of sub-supplier Work Package(s)
- Continuously evaluates processes in engineering and suggests improvements in line with NLI´s goal of: Quality – Punctuality – Flexibility
MANDATORY SW-APPLICATIONS TO BE MANAGED:
- PDM System used in NLI
- Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Windows
RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE AND FORMAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of mechanical design, testing and fabrication
- 3-5 years experience as Lead/project engineer with Flowline System Structures
We offer challenging assignments, competitive conditions, and a very pleasant working environment.
Questions about this position can be directed to Brant Hovland, tel. +47 932 50 032; or e-mail: email@example.com
Send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “ Lead Engineer Subsea Structures ” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!